Re: IPv6 tunnel over NAT

At Fri, 27 Sep 2002 14:11:18 -0400, Keith Moore wrote:

> well, obviously it depends on the applications being run and the
> quality of the underlying links.  if you're running real time apps
> over UDP over PPP over TCP over a lossy IP link, you'd probably
> be much happier using Teredo.  do we really want to say, for instance,
> that it's okay for the generic solution to break streaming audio?

a) Begs the question of whether any of our transition tools are robust
   enough to support serious real-time streaming use.

b) PPP/TCP looks like a reliable link with very erratic timing
   characteristics.  I'm fairly certain that unidirectional streaming
   protocols can deal with that via buffering (so that it's not real
   time anymore).  Whether the deployed implementations can or not is
   another matter.

   Bi-directional real time may be hard enough that (a) applies.