[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: ocean: do not boil
- To: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Subject: Re: ocean: do not boil
- From: Paul Vixie <email@example.com>
- Date: Mon, 23 Sep 2002 08:05:27 +0000
- Delivery-date: Mon, 23 Sep 2002 01:05:39 -0700
- Envelope-to: firstname.lastname@example.org
> >>i don't think we should try to solve the problem of an arbitrary
> >>user/service on a pure v6 site/host trying to communicate with a
> >>user/service on a pure v4 site/host or vice versa.
> >I agree with this.
> I don't agree with one case of this. I think there is a need to have IPv6
> only hosts that are able to reach the same IPv4 services that an IPv4 host
> behind a NAT today can reach. [...]
in the specific case of dns, we (isc) agree with this and will be adding
an application level capability to choose a specific forwarder set when
recursion requires contacting an "A RR" on a host with only ipv6 interfaces.