[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: comment on unmanaged analysis presentation/doc
- To: Erik Nordmark <Erik.Nordmark@sun.com>
- Subject: Re: comment on unmanaged analysis presentation/doc
- From: Jun-ichiro itojun Hagino <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Date: Sat, 21 Sep 2002 07:14:09 +0900
- Cc: email@example.com
- Delivery-date: Fri, 20 Sep 2002 15:18:45 -0700
- Envelope-to: firstname.lastname@example.org
>I'm very concerned about trying to fully automate tunnel setup (whether
>over IPv4 NATs or just plain old IPv4) due to the trust and security issues.
>Thus I think it makes sense to have an authenticated and properly authorizable
>tunnel establishment method that can work whether or not there is an
>IPv4 NAT in the path.
in that case, what is your comment to 6to4 routers? they accept
tunnelled packet from anyone, with no authentication whatsoever.
i raised the concern in draft-itojun-ipv6-transition-abuse-*.txt.