[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
transitioning server farms to IPv6
- To: <email@example.com>
- Subject: transitioning server farms to IPv6
- From: <Rod.VanMeter@nokia.com>
- Date: Wed, 18 Sep 2002 21:16:19 -0700
- Delivery-date: Wed, 18 Sep 2002 21:22:20 -0700
- Envelope-to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Thread-index: AcJfk0xK1m+1SwGnQyOS2ba2YIpjPA==
- Thread-topic: transitioning server farms to IPv6
Which of these sub-groups should be responsible for how to
build a large server farm? Web or email servers, for example.
Simple ones are obvious, but more complex ones involving
firewalls, server load balancers, round-robin DNS, fault-
tolerant routing, PKI, LDAP, etc. may or may not be
straightforward (though maybe the issues are more about
product selection/availability than technical architecture?).
The SMTP operational experience doc is good one (thanks,
Nakamura-san and itojun); which group would it fall into?
The "enterprise" group would seem to be the closest, but
even there the focus is different.
I also haven't yet met anyone from e.g. Yahoo! or ebay
here at the meeting; do we have folks with _that_ kind
of operational experience involved?