Re: renumbering

> 	i have renumbered my home (/48) more than a couple of times without
> 	any problem.  yes, it may not extend naturally to enterprise network
> 	where # of nodes are 10^4, but anyway,
> 	- IPv6 address autoconfiguration
> 	- multiple IPv6 address per interface
> 	- source/destination address selection
> 	makes renumbering so much easier than IPv4 case.  you just need to be
> 	careful about DNS TTL and RA address/prefix lifetime.

there's no question that it's easier than the ipv4 case.  congrats are
in order on that point.

however, at size 10**4 and above, renumbering of this kind will be
expensive.  and at size 10**5 and above, it will be constant/overlapping.

my point was, that's a big reason why folks will ask "why not just use NAT?"

now i'm thinking, please don't make NAT any harder than it already is.