Re: I-D ACTION:draft-ash-multi-area-te-reqmts-01.txt

Venkata,

> Jerry:
>
>    my 2 cents...
>
> -> > here are the follow-up questions:
> -> >
> -> > a. do we need multi-area te?
>
>    Yes!
>
> -> > if yes, then
> -> > b. do we need multi-area te requirements?
>
>    Yes, for a unified solution.

if a unified solution can't be produced without multi-area te
requirements, then perhaps we could pursue a non-unified
solution...

> -> > if yes, then
> -> > c. should we add these requrements to
> -> draft-ietf-restore-hierarchy-00.txt?
> -> > if no, then
> -> > d. what should we do about multi-area te requirements?
>
>    Place doesn't matter - content matters!

Actually what really matters is working code and operational
experience. And it is far from obvious (at least to me) that a
requirements document is going to provide a useful contribution to
either the working code or the operational experience.

yakov.