RE: I-D ACTION:draft-ash-multi-area-te-reqmts-01.txt

Jim:

-> I thought it was the consensus of the team, and the WG that
-> there were not
-> immediate needs for vertical hierarchy, and indeed the needs for
-> horizontal were rather simple at this time (at least as
-> viewed by people
-> who would intend to use any of this any time soon).

  Very sad to hear about this consensus. I see all the
  Transport Area protocols are developing full fledged
  features (good protocols like SIP) and lower layers
  are capable of transporting gigs per second. We as a
  group are not crossing *area* boundaries.

  When are we going to ensure end-to-end QoS then?
  When can we expect a SIP/Megaco call traversing countries
  in the Internet using muti-area/AS (DiffServ) TE
  (with better QoS than we have today)?

  This is all circular dependency - "need and/or solution".
  It doesn't matter whether a *separate draft* or not.
  But some set of requirements or a unified solution is
  needed (in the roadmap).

--Venkata Naidu