RE: What we disagree on RE: TE Requirements Draft-ELSP

???

Are we in the DiffServ or the MPLS-TE WG?

Are we playing a game of "how many ways can we do BW encoding?"

What's the difference between signaling two BW numbers and signalling
one BW with a ratio split. It is only an encoding difference, but has
the same implementation/implications.

1. A fixed ratio around the network? How does that relate to
   End-to-End tunnel BW? (I hope you at least recognize that).

   Saying AF1 to AF2 is 1/10 in BW is no different than saying
   that all AF1 in the network get X BW, and AF2 get Y BW. Both
   have nothing to do with Traffic Engineering because the provide
   NO per tunnel QoS guarantees.

>The fun part is,

I not sure if find it funny hearing different "BW encoding" proposals
that have no analysis of their implications. I wish we could take
a step backwards from the "What/how can we signal" but rather
"What's the implications of a certain set of signalled constraints".

At some point one may ask him/her self what's the added benefits
vs. complexity. I will try to later today or tomorrow send out a
more or less "methodical" analysis of implications of the different
options of E-LSP and OAs. At least hoping to show the complexity side
(not arguing the benefits side).

The fun part would be arguing for/against it in the WG ;-)

Shai