The new DS-TE(01) draft --An interesting approach to TE

Hi! Personally, I think the new DS-TE draft proposes a very interesting
approach.

This draft, associates the bandwidth constraints (BC) with the priority
(importance) of the connection, rather than the traditional (ATM) approach
of associating BCs with a (QoS/service) class. [Is my interpretation
correct?]

From my understanding of the draft, it looks like that a provider can
emulate a traditional style TE (per DS class BC, per DS class BW
advertisement), by just associating each of the DS classes with a priority.
[Am I correct ?]

Another interesting point is that this draft has really nothing to do
with  (i.e. independent of) DiffServ !!

Thanks,
sanjay