RE: TE Requirements Draft - ELSP

Thanks Shahram,

That is exactly correct.  I am postulating a potential requirement to
emulate what can be done on today's L2 VPN solutions, ie for those customers
who demand measurable and disjoint availability/QoS SLAs and/or who might
perhaps want to run their own DS regime over some leased 'LSP BW pipe'.  In
the orginal mail (snipped here) I gave an example of the difficulties one
faces if using LDP with like-DS-class merging across VPNs, ie the fact that
there is no relationship between survivability and up-state QoS treatment at
the packet level (both within the same and across different DS classes).  To
put this a different way, what I am saying is that it might be useful if we
could provide a network service at the 'LSP' level and not the 'packet'
level.  It is not clear to me yet how such VPN solutions can be provided
with MPLS....and maybe they can't, though doing XoverMPLS (eg X = FR,
ethernet, ATM) is a very similar requirement and maybe the (only possible)
answer lies within the work of the PWE3 group?

My concern is if we can't offer this type of network service on MPLS then it
seems we may well be forced to continue running parallel FR/ATM/TDM
platforms.  And I was therefore suggesting that maybe E-LSPs could possibly
offer some form of trad L2 emulation.....but maybe they can't if the focus
is purely on trying to get some unified view, and 'treatment', only at the
(DS) packet level?

regards, Neil