Re: WG Last Call: draft-ietf-tewg-mib-01.txt

> > How do you make this object unique across all tunnels that transit a
> > particular node?
>
> This is a head-end only mib.

Thanks.  That explains that!

I had another skim of the draft and couldn't find any reference to this (but I
may have missed it :-)
Do you think you could put a note in the draft somewhere to that effect?
Perhaps in sections 2, 3 and 5.

Given this, is teTunnelSource provided for completeness or to allow multiple
source addresses on one node (e.g. interfaces, virtual routers).  If the latter,
have you considered whether it is reasonable to allow the same name to be used
for two tunnels on different source addresses?

> While we are on the topic, do folks think that an integer index is
> preferable to a name as index?

Personally, yes.  After all, a null name _is_ acceptable within the signaling
protocol.  Given that, you should probably allow it in your MIB.

Will you choose an arbitrary index, or will you use something handy like tunnel
index?  If you use tunnel index, you may find you need a secondary index such as
tunnel instance (watch out, though, you don't want to turn it into
draft-ietf-mpls-te-mib ;-)

Adrian