Re: I-D ACTION:draft-ietf-tewg-mib-01.txt

On Tue, 16 Oct 2001, Brian Haberman wrote:

> Kireeti,
>      May I ask as to why you are not using the InetAddress TC that is
> defined in RFC 2851 and updated in draft-ietf-ops-rfc2851-update-01.txt?
> I see no reason in this MIB to create your own Internet Address
> identifier.

I'm happy to hear that.  Tell me how to have hop addresses
that are one of the following types: IPv4 addresses, IPv6
addresses, AS numbers (2 & 4 octets), and unnumbered interface
indices, and I'll be happy to reuse as much existing mechanism
as I can.

Thanks,
Kireeti.