RE: I-D ACTION:draft-kompella-tewg-bw-acct-00.txt

Sudhakar,

let me clarify: CSPF calculations are used to find paths that meet
certain traffic constraints (e.g. remove congestion, etc.). QoS has do
with queues, scheduling, etc. TE and QoS are two entirely different
terms.
Engineering traffic according to certain constraints is what the user
wants to do. If those constraints involve QoS, and if he/she wants to
engineer the traffic across multiple platforms, than these constraints
cannot be internal (yes, I know QoS behavior is something vendors do
differently - that's why you don't see a lot of QoS-TE these days...).
If those constraints involve available bandwidth for TE (which is NOT
related to QoS), and the user wants to engineer traffic across multiple
platforms, than vendors have to agree on how to advertise the values
needed as input for the computation - or else it will not generate
correct results. Then, if some vendor wants to allocate RSVP traffic to
queue #5 with high-drop-probability etc. that's their business...

The point is this: *engineering* traffic needs to be based on some
inputs - those have to be set the same in a multi-vendor environment,
whether Diffserv or not. Don't you agree?

--
Amir Hermelin                    <mailto:amir@cwnt.com>
Charlotte's Web Networks Inc.     <http://www.cwnt.com>