RE: I-D ACTION:draft-kompella-tewg-bw-acct-00.txt

Kireeti,
(thanks for correcting the WG. As tired as I was, I might as well have sent
it to the Interent Fax WG without telling the difference...)

> One could of course remove the restriction.  However, undersubscription
> is merely stating that you can't use the entire link bandwidth; the max
> bandwidth field gives you that control directly.  If you can see a
> scenario where max bandwidth doesn't provide enough flexibility, please
> let me know.

WRT under-subscription: the only limitation I see in your proposal, is when
a provider would want to normalize under-subscription BW values as well. So,
for example, you'd have a normalization factor of 0.5 for 100%
oversubscribed (200% subscription factor) priorities; however, you can't
have a normalization factor of 2 for 50% under-subscribed priorities, since
the draft limits the subscription factor to be >= 100%. Removing this limit
alone might not be enough as well.

Please correct me if I'm missing something.

Regards,
	Amir.

--
Amir Hermelin                  mailto:amir@cwnt.com