Re: TE MIB (-06.txt) : tunnel instance

>Thank you for your reply. I understand what you
>are saying and agree that this could be useful.
>
>However, if 2 tunnels have the same <ingress, egress>
>but different instance ids, 2 questions come to
>mind -
>a) MUST they have the same TunnelIndex?

         No, definitely not. You can have as many
tunnels from point A to point B as your network
will support.

>b) Besides Ifindexes, does this save anything else
>    at the egress or the ingress over 2 regular
>    tunnels between the same <ingress, egress>
>    assuming one regular LSP is backing up another
>    and is pre-signalled. Seems to me that this is
>    equivalent to having tunnels with multiple
>    instances.

         Honestly, you can do it either way and
the MIB will support it; it is really up to your
implementation to decide. We did this on purpose
when we designed the MIB so that we could support
all of the cases I described earlier.

         --Tom