RE: [TE-wg] TE use in today's networks

>    As a developer of OSPF (without any knowledge of customer real
>    networks) I think, manual "Optimization" of weights (even small number
>    if weights) based on the huge topology is a real disadvantage. But I
>    supposed, this disadvantage can be eliminated by incorporating
>    "dynamic" "optimized" weight selections based on constraints/policies
>    is possible. This needs sufficient changes to the existing routing
>    protocols, which I didn't find any developments/deployments. Am I
>    correct?

i would just push the new weight out to meet circumstances.  i would trust
automating doing so about a a bit more that i would trust distributing a
few thousand labels.

>     As you mentioned this is "dynamic" without intervention by a network
>     management system. There are many implementation and progress I
>     can see in IETF. (In my opinion these implementations are going to
>     be mature in foreseeable future).

luckily, i have ospf and is-is today.  and they're pretty well shaken
out, seem to work inter-vendor, ...  being a old and stupid operator,
i like simple solutions using well-known components.

randy