Re: [TE-wg] TE use in today's networks

 I suspect that one of the papers referenced is:

	http://infocom.ucsd.edu/papers/744.pdf

 There are serious considerations to be overcome before
 this is practically implementable (ie, 10 significant digits
 on routing metrics).

 Additionally, there are subsequent ops problems with
 implementing it (ie, dramatic impact when one link drops).

 I suspect that this issue has been hammered to death on
 a mailing list somewhere, anone have pointers?

 -alan

Thus spake Florian-Daniel Otel (otel@ce.chalmers.se)
 on or about Mon, May 28, 2001 at 10:38:50AM +0200: