[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
FW: new version of TE framework draft
- To: <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Subject: FW: new version of TE framework draft
- From: "Daniel Awduche" <email@example.com>
- Date: Wed, 11 Apr 2001 10:30:53 -0400
- Delivery-date: Wed, 11 Apr 2001 07:37:10 -0700
- Envelope-to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Thread-Index: AcDCg6gRnL6x101pQQiImfGk60KMdQACdhujAAGbwDg=
- Thread-Topic: new version of TE framework draft
From: Daniel Awduche
Sent: Wed 4/11/2001 10:28 AM
To: Dirk Ooms; xiaoxipe
Cc: te-wg@UU.NET; email@example.com; firstname.lastname@example.org;
email@example.com; firstname.lastname@example.org; Daniel Awduche
Subject: RE: new version of TE framework draft
We did not dwell on multicast TE aspects in the framework
draft for the following reasons:
- Multicast TE is still pretty much a research topic.
- There was no service provider interest in pursuing the topic.
When the framework draft was first written, three of the
worked for three major service providers. Additionally, input
was solicited from many others. The clear feedback was that
Multicast TE was not considered a substantial issue in
From: Dirk Ooms
Sent: Wed 4/11/2001 8:35 AM
Cc: te-wg@UU.NET; email@example.com; Daniel Awduche;
firstname.lastname@example.org; email@example.com; firstname.lastname@example.org
Subject: Re: new version of TE framework draft
The draft doesn't discuss multicast TE. Is it because
there is no
operator interest, there is no experience, nobody wants
to break his/her
brains on it or ....?
> A new version of the TE framework draft
> is attached. We've addressed the issues raised on the
mailing list during
> the last call. A text file describing all the changes
made is also attached.
> In summary, we didn't see any significant issues
during the previous last
> call. Therefore, there is no change of technical
substance in this new version.
> Some re-wording is done in section 6: the original
"requirements" are now
> re-worded as "recommendations".
> Comments are welcome. We would like to request that
the WG issue a
> last call on it shortly.
> draft-ietf-tewg-framework-03.txt Type: Plain
> Encoding: 7bit
> Name: changes.txt
> changes.txt Type: Plain Text (text/plain)
> Encoding: quoted-printable
tel:+32 3 2404732
Network Strategy Group (NSG)