[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: Linux-freebsd-Winxx tcp/ip stack
- To: Nodir Nazarov <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Subject: Re: Linux-freebsd-Winxx tcp/ip stack
- From: Randy Bush <email@example.com>
- Date: Tue, 02 Jan 2001 17:30:43 -0800
- Cc: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Delivery-date: Tue, 02 Jan 2001 17:30:45 -0800
- Envelope-to: email@example.com
>>> how long it takes for a windows, linux or freebsd box to send packet to
>>> alternate default router when primary fails.
>> it tends to send every other packet to an interface, so odd ones left and
>> even ones right. so the symptom is you see every other ping work.
>> don't do this.
> to avoid this you can use gated (ospf) so that packets are not
> forwarded to the "dead" router (provided you are running ospf in your
sure. please send url for gated, or any other ospf implementation, for