terminology challenge

Hi,

I've noticed that not all of us are using the same terminology to
talk about SMI concepts (not again!).  We have a real challenge
here, because MIBs are used by three distinct communities:

   - agent developers
     most familiar with C data modelling concepts because C is still the
     most popular programming language used for embedded development.
   - NMS application developers
     most familiar with object-oriented data modelling concepts, because C++
     and java are the most popular programming languages for open platform
     application development.
   - Network operators
     A diverse group, most familiar with data modelling concepts,
     for script or text-oriented programming languages, such as Perl.

We need to figure out a coherent terminology (and syntax BTW) which
is user-friendly to all three communities.

Andy