Re: Examples of ASN.1 for SMIng.txt

>> I am still wondering how you express an IEEE floating point number
>> together with the special values formally in ASN.1. But your answer
>> is probably that using something like an IEEE floating point number
>> is wrong anyway. ;-)

Olivier> I'm not sure this is the point you are making but decimal
Olivier> real numbers (i.e., the dotted notation) are now allowed as
Olivier> ASN.1 values.

Good, but not really I was asking for. Almost all computers these days
do IEEE floating point numbers so whatever we do should refelect this
reality.

See the SMIng for more details and pointers to the IEEE standard. ;-)

/js