Can we make table indices accessible again?

hi

I must confess to not be fully read up on my
sming, but I just did a quick search, and it
looks like this issue hasn't been discussed.

Back in SMIv1, table indices were accessible,
but in SMIv2, they became not-accessible.
As a manager, I find this really annoying since
the index is often the most interesting part
of the table. I also field a lot of questions from
people trying to figure out how to get the information
in the table index.

I've heard that table indices were made not-accessible
for efficiency reasons.  If this is true, can we assume
that EOS will solve this problem and go ahead and make
table indices accessible again?

Making the indices not-accessible also makes the table
behaviour consistent with tables with non-resident
indices, but even still, I'd rather them accessible.

Sharon Chisholm
Preside Management
Nortel Networks
Ottawa, Ontario