Re: Aggregate Attributes

Hi!

>> believe Attribute Group was simply a compromise short-hand name for: a
>> structured grouping of attributes that can be reused by name again & again
>> in other contexts... Containment simply emphasizes that you can reuse such
>> constructs in other contexts (that is, in other structs, classes, or as
>> entries in other tables in the case of SMI).

Fred> that may be a sufficient definition. I'm simply suggesting that, since
Fred> the document says the things are required, that the document say what
Fred> they are that it is requiring.

The descriptions of attribute groups and containment now say:

4.1.27:
      grouping of attributes that are meaningful together.  It can be
      reused as the type of attributes in other attribute groups (see
      also Section 4.1.28).  This is similar to `structs' in C or
      `classes' in Java.

4.1.28:
      attribute groups from attributes of more basic types and
      potentially other attribute groups.

 -frank