Re: WG Last Call draft-ietf-sming-reqs-04.txt

HI,

Jon - it sounds to me like you are mixing together two separate issues.

The first issue is whether or not it makes sense to create a new and
quite different language for defining management information for the
SNMP protocol.

And the second issue is how to specify such a language.

On the first issue, there are many considerations, and I have not
yet developed a position. The complexity is great.

On the second, I have a definite position, and that is what I stated,
which is...
>> ... I certainly
>> would not recommend further use of ASN.1 for the language to define
>> MIB/SPPI modules. From my experience, it is not the appropriate choice.

Regards,
/david t. perkins