Re: comments on draft-ietf-sming-reqs-02.txt: I18n

Mike and Randy,

Thanks for responding. However, I still have concerns. The hard problems
seem to have been dismissed without addressing them. For example,
binary FTP is not a solution. ^Z is mis-direction.

NOTE: 7-bit displayable ASCII is not the same as 7-bit ASCII.
NOTE: there are symbols, such as smiley face, that are not
      other languages with someone might want to put in
      a standards-track document that contained a module.
      (There are much better examples of symbols than
       smiley face, but it seemed appropriate here!)

What I've seen that "worked" is to use all 7-bit displayable
ASCII and use quoting to put in other characters. It's not pretty,
but it worked.

Please provide some real examples of mainstream usage.

Regards,
/david t. perkins