Re: comments on draft-ietf-sming-reqs-02.txt: Subject Categories

Hi,

I agree the note deserves to be eliminated.

I agree this should be considered a requirement because it is part of
SPPI.

I have a question, though. I am of the impression that the RAP WG found
subject categories to be either undesirable or questionable in their
utility. I don't remember what led to that impression. Can an SPPI
expert comment on whether this was a concern, and if so explain what the
concern was? If it is an undesirable feature, just as IMPLIED is in SMI,
I would not like to see it categorized as a requirement.

dbh