Re: comments on draft-ietf-sming-reqs-02.txt: Reusable vs. Implemented definitions (was concrete vs. abstract)

Hi,

I don't feel that the need for abstract structures has been
demonstrated, and we have no operational experience of the use of
abstract structures in either SMI or SPPI. No examples are given in this
document, and I fear that there may be assumptions made about how
abstract structures would be used that are not clearly identified here.
Before this is made a requirement, I think there needs to be serious
discussion about the possible uses to which they would be put, and how
that might impact the language and the protocols that would use them.

I therefore believe that 4.2.3 should remain a nice-to-have, not a
requirement.

dbh