Re: Requirements Feedback

> > Jason> 2.  In example for #20 (Events), the event linkDown has (or
> > Jason> seems to have) two attributes - one of type status and a
> > Jason> description.  Is it possible to have more attributes for an
> > Jason> event?
> >
> > Not at this point in time. Do you think more is needed? What and why?
>
> It was question based more on curiousity.  Off the top of my head I cannot
> think of anything.  However, if events can have additional attributes, they
> could add context to the event.
>
> Jamie

I think of a something like a link down (as you mean it in the
notification context) as potentially a list of many pairs of
information. In the case of a configuration event, many of the
attributes - perhaps with old and new values - may be part of the
event. Of course this is independent of whether the event is sent in a
TRAP or INFORM PDU. Using your link down example, one would reasonably
want the information you posed as well as perhaps other attributes
(e.g., is this is a protection or working unit??)

My point is that either by including by reference or value, events can
or should contain many properties. The details of which are in the
definition. The work in the SMIng area will help (I think) when they
talk about aggregate objects (if they do).

Thanks,
/jon
--

Jon Saperia		     saperia@jdscons.com