[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: #61 Place of Module Information
- To: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Subject: Re: #61 Place of Module Information
- From: Frank Strauss <email@example.com>
- Date: 19 Apr 2001 17:58:48 +0200
- Cc: sming WG <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Delivery-date: Thu, 19 Apr 2001 08:59:02 -0700
- Envelope-to: email@example.com
- User-Agent: Gnus/5.0808 (Gnus v5.8.8) Emacs/20.7
David> I don't understand what is being requested here.
David> Is the (like SMIv2 MODULE-IDENTITY) and example if what is desired, or
David> an example what is not desired?
David> Where does module information belong in the proposer's eyes?
Added this and that:
Frank: I'm sorry for the confusion. I try to be more precise: In
SMIv2 and SPPI the MIB/PIB author has to put some module meta
information in a specific macro (MODULE-IDENTITY) which is
registered with an OID although this registration is not useful
for any purpose. The proposal is to let SMIng (a) not register
module meta information in the registration tree and (b) not
introduce a new macro/statement wrapping the module meta
information, since the module itself is the appropriate