RE: Methods in SMIng?

[Dave] So, does this mean you believe that such a high level specification
of a method will have benefits, even for the current version of the SNMP
protocol? Ie. Benefits such as consistent MIB designs, standard mappings, or
reuse of code by management stations for handling the timeouts, retries,
etc. required for methods to be implemented using SNMP today?

Also, it would be helpful if someone took a stab at what a high level
specification of a SNMP-friendly method might look like... that is, one that
can be performed using the SNMP protocol as it currently exists.