Methods in SMIng?

    Hello,

    I have a question about the expression of methods in SMIng. The
requirements document (<draft-ietf-sming-reqs-00.txt>,
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-sming-reqs-00.txt),
states that SMIng "MUST support the definition of standard method
signatures", but the SMIng language spec document (neither the
authoritative <draft-ietf-sming-00>,
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-sming-00.txt, nor the
recent proposed update <draft-ietf-sming-01>) does still not address
methods specification (the latter even files methods as an open issue).
    There has been some discussion within the WG meeting, summarized in
a december 2000 post on this mailing list, but no public news since
then...

    I am new to IETF procedures, and acknowledge there are timing issues
between the various draft documents, but I'd like to get more
information, even informal, on this subject :
    - What is the current status about methods definition?
    - Which are the arguments against them?
    - In case a majority of the WG still desires to specify methods, is
there some proposed syntax, and examples of method signatures?
    - Otherwise, what is the foreseable schedule for the next revisions
of SMIng drafts adressing this topic?

    Thank you in advance.
    Regards,

        Jerome