RE: SMIng Requirements: instance identification

I will also point out (chair hat on), that the charter supports choice (b)
as well. I would suggest if the Requirements attempt to bite off more than
required to support the stated goals of this WG the document explicitly
states such variances within the context of a SHOULD or MAY, not a MUST. The
WG will then decide on the merits of any such additional requirements. Seems
to me that LDAP concerns are clearly out of scope, however.

And a question (hat off): As for how Keys (for instance identification) are
defined in the Requirements document, how is this concept any different than
the semantic of the SMI INDEX clause today, or the SPPI's UNIQUENESS clause?

-Dave