Re: Announcement of SMIng Author & Editor Meeting

> - this is a WG that has only met once, so there are many more open issues
>   than closed issues

sounds like some discussion of *substance*, whether here or in serious
working/design get-togethers would be useful, eh?

> - this is not a terminology issue. The Sunday meeting should not
>   be used for any other purpose than open editing issues,
>   because SMIng should follow the rules for an interim like everyone else.

uh, let's not get too extreme.  people are allowed to think, talk, solve
problems, ...  and they can bring those understandings to the lists or to
meetings or to their local shaman, minister, or dog.

> I don't want to be told at the official WG meeting "that issue was
> already decided/worked out/solved at the meeting on Sunday".

it can certainly be worked out or 'solved' (to at least the discussants'
satisfaction) at any time and place, real or virtual, where folk gather
to discuss the issues.

it can not be *decided* either on sunday, in the bar, or in the wg meeting
in minneapolis.  the place things are decided is the mailing list.

perhaps discussion of substance would be more productive.

randy