Re: MIB identification guidance

HI,

This issue keeps recurring. The tension is between stability and
testing to see if viable. Unfortunately, it seems that when an
experimental OID is provided and testing is successfully done,
then there is a BIG reluctance to change the implementations.
So, I believe that the best approach is to not provide an OID
in the experimental branch unless the OID will stay experimental.
And to only provide an OID under a standards branch when the
document has been approved by the IESG.

In the use of OID values below, there are examples of "stolen"
assignments. This is pretty bad, and the I-Ds should not be allowed
to be posted in the I-D directory that have stolen assignments.

Thanks for the list Bill!

Regards,
/david t. perkins