RE: error messages and silently discarding packets

<snip>

> So accroding to Brian's criteria, we shoudl define a shim6 error
> message.. what do others think?

I posted on this a few months ago, but we decided in HIP to adopt the
approach taken in IKE to define these messages (HIP NOTIFY similar to
IKEv2 Notify), especially for debugging, and I don't see why shim6 would
necessarily want to take a different stance.

Tom