RE: State of play with Shim6 documents

I agree that it would be best to make decision based on operational
experience, but I am suspicious about the future for IPv6 because there
is no IP checksum, so it might encourage routers or middleboxes to
provide transport checksum validation as a feature.

But perhaps it would be prudent to devise an extension only if
shim6-awareness doesn't materialize in practice, and keep it cleaner for
now.

Tom