RE: Extending shim6 to use multiple locator pairs simultaneously

> Ok, that's certainly worth study.  In some mental modeling
> I've done so
> far, the biggest problem I see in not using TCP congestion
> control on each
> locator pair is in deciding how much traffic to send over
> each link.  I
> suppose you could use both links equally, which would allow
> you to use (#
> of links) * (the bandwidth of the slower link) rather than
> the sum of the
> bandwidths of all the links.  IOW, as soon as one link experiences
> congestion, the sending rate would be halved over all links.

Here's another thought that's worth what you paid for it:

Instead, create a single TCP connection for each link that you want to
use.  Create a muxing layer on top of these connections that distributes
data across the connections in a possibly uneven manner, filling the
buffers of each connection.  This layer would require some additional
framing and sequence numbering.  On the receiver side, demux using the
framing and then reorder the arrived data.  Now, you're using the full
bandwidth of all of the available links, and saturating them up to their
full TCP performance level.

Regards,
Tony