Re: CUD and FBD

Iljitsch van Beijnum wrote:

Are there links that can't handle a fairly small packet every 3 - 20 seconds or so?

My question was really whether having a few billion hosts do this and whether that could cause congestive collapse. I don't think it can do this any more than TCP always responding to a SYN with a SYN|ACK can cause congestive collapse.

CUD on the other hand sends new requests (and needs to retransmit them) so I think those retransmissions should follow binary exponential backoff to be safe.

  Erik