Re: Call for agenda items for the first Shim6 WG Meeting

On Mon, 2005-06-27 at 10:15 +1000, Geoff Huston wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Kurtis and I have been informed that the IESG has approved the charter for
> the SHIM6 WG.  IN addition to Kurtis and myself as WG chairs, we'll have
> the benefit of Thomas Narten and Dave Meyer as technical advisors for the
> working group.

This is great news, now hope we can things on the road.
But we need a protocol spec to get on with it, as....

I have the main infrastructure code done, that is kernelspace editions
for both FreeBSD + Linux, which can easily insert/add/remove/pass
certain parts of headers to a userspace.
BSD/Linux kernelcode is different of course, also license style, the
userspace daemon, BSD-license, is the same and should be quite
extensible to fit the needs of shim6. I hope to clean this stuff up in
the coming weeks so that I can shove it onto the mine + sourceforge
servers for public scrutiny. I hope that with this step, and the
license, it will be very easy for implementers to later on just copy the
code into their products allowing a speedy process of implementations
and hopefully deployment.

Jusqu'à Paris,
 Jeroen