Re: Flow label versus Extension header - protocol itself

Iljitsch van Beijnum wrote:

Anyway, in a post I don't think anybody read I suggested that we should use a sort of demux negotation. Since demux can happen on:

- unique locator sets
- transport protocol information (port numbers)
- flow label
- demux option in the packet

I did read that message.
My concerns with this suggestion are:
1. Having multiple mechanisms plus some fallback rules seems very complex. We should figure out how to make a single mechanism work.
2. Peeking at the transport information is a no-no in my mind. We want this to be transport independent.

   Erik