Re: how mobile do we want to be

Thierry Ernst wrote:

I disagree a BOF is needed, what is needed is to tackled with this
specific problem at the **IRTF**. There are more mature topics on which
IETF WGs have been (wrongly) disapproved while this is pretty straight
forward to me that it should be IRTF in the present case.

Thierry,
you must have a very different view of what the problem is than I have, because I had engineering solutions to how multihoming and mobile IP can be combined in useful ways that I could discuss in a BoF, and I don't see the research questions.

So perhaps you can say what you see as the hard research issues in this space.

FWIW I look at the rather simple case of hosts and stub networks that move while being connected to the Internet at multiple points, and not the more MANET-like case where everything moves at the same time. I see the latter as MANET issues.

   Erik