Re: [RRG] Meeting slot at IETF64

Hi, Avri Doria

That's great, we really need a meeting to review the current work and dicuss the future work of our group.
I suppose we will get a lot of good ideas and reports from the members.
And if possible, I'd like to make a short report (maybe twenty minutes) to introduce some work we have done and some work we are doing.
Following is the three possible topics of the report.

To solve the problem of BGP4 and to meet the demand of the development of next generation Internet, we propose such modifications to inter-domain routing protocol:
First, hierarchical structure combined with multipath routing, in which hierarchical structure solving scalability and stability problem and multipath satisfying the need of inter-domain routing traffic engineering. Multipath will ease the control of outgoing inter-domain traffic and new mechanism may automatic distribute traffic on multiple routes. Though multipath will add the scale of BGP routing table, more strict hierarchical structure of inter-domain routing will confine the addition to a very small scope.
Second, support for real IP address access. The service of present routing system is forwarding packets with best effort, which do not guarantee the genuineness of the packets. Real IP address access is to assure the received packet is indeed sent form the host with the source IP address in the packet. To provide this service, the routers need to have the additional information to judge whether the packets received is valid or not. Our design is to extend inter-domain routing protocol to provide the information.
Third, mechanism design of inter-domain routing. Mechanism is a concept from Economic used to solve gaming problems. The physical connection and the economic relation among ASes is becoming more and more complicated. We consider to bring mechanism design to inter-domain routing protocol design to restrict the selfish behavior of some ASes, making the interest of ASes consistent with the performance of the Internet perceived by network users.

Thanks
xuke