RE: Issue: Treatment of null Identity Response

Alan DeKok writes...

> >  Is there an explicit signal or hint to the RADIUS Server that the
> > user name is the MAC address, or does it figure that out by
> > inspection (parsing)?  Or doesn't it matter?
>
>   It's up to local policy.  So it doesn't matter.

Uh, yes, but...  If the behavior of the RADIUS server is a matter of
local policy, doesn't that raise interoperability issues?  Asked another
way, is there any actual authentication or authorization decision that a
RADIUS server makes based on the content of the User-Name in this
specific scenario?  As I recall, RADIUS Clients and Servers had to
implement specific code paths to deal with the "anonymous" user cases.