RE: Issue: Treatment of null Identity Response

Bernard Aboba writes...

> 2.  Since there is no identity in the EAP-Response/Identity field, the
> RADIUS client should include the Calling-Station-ID (MAC Address) in
the
> User-Name field, as it would for Service Type = Call Check.  However,
the
> Service-Type should not actually be set to Call-Check since the call
has
> already been accepted.

To clarify, we use the value of Calling-Station-ID in the User-Name
attribute, and the Service-Type is Framed (or whatever).  Do we
additionally include an instance of the Calling-Station-ID in the
Access-Request?  Is there an explicit signal or hint to the RADIUS
Server that the user name is the MAC address, or does it figure that out
by inspection (parsing)?  Or doesn't it matter?