Review of draft-salowey-radext-delegated-prefix-01.txt

Some comments on draft-salowey-radext-delegated-prefix-01, based my (possibly imperfect) understanding of the scenario. Overall, I think the document is ok, but it may need some tweaking with respect to its description of the functionality of the existing Framed-IPv6-Prefix attribute.

 This is different from the usage of Framed-IPv6-
  Prefix attribute in which the prefix remains in control of the
  Network Access Server (NAS).  The prefix in the Framed-IPv6-Prefix
  attribute can be assigned to a link to which the NAS is attached, and
  may subsequently be advertised through Router Advertisement messages
  [3].

At the time RFC 3162 was written, I believe that intent was for the prefix described in Framed-IPv6-Prefix to be advertised by the NAS in Router Advertisement messages. However, I am not clear that this necessarily implies that the prefix is solely for use on the link to which the NAS is attached. For example, if a /48 is assigned, wouldn't it be possible for the NAS to advertise the /48 via Router Advertisement and for the CPE to parcel out /64s to its interfaces? Given that interpretation, I don't think it is necessarily true that "the prefix remains in control of the NAS".

      Prefix-Length

The length of the prefix, in bits. At least 0 and no larger than 128.

This sentence, echoing RFC 3162 may introduce some of the same issues. Is it really the intent to enable prefixes more granular than a /64? What is the inplication for prefix delegation if a /128 is assigned?