RE: Capabilities: Summary

Alan DeKok writes...

>   If this is satisfactory to the group, I'll write up something more
> formal.

While the syntax is concise, formal and parse-able, the overall level of
complexity to satisfy both clients and servers as to desired and
required attribute support is growing again.

What if we were to re-examine the extended RADIUS attribute format,
complete with a Mandatory bit?  Could we then simplify the whole
capabilities issue down to detection of support for (a) Access-Challenge
and (b) Extended Attribute format?