RFC 2865

Hi all,

I have one question regarding RFC 2865. Maybe someone can help:

RFC 2865 section 5.22 (Framed-Route attribute) states:
---
For IP routes, it SHOULD contain a destination prefix in dotted
quad form optionally followed by a slash and a decimal length
specifier stating how many high order bits of the prefix to use.
That is followed by a space, a gateway address in dotted quad
form, a space, and one or more metrics separated by spaces.  For
example, "192.168.1.0/24 192.168.1.1 1 2 -1 3 400". The length
specifier may be omitted, in which case it defaults to 8 bits for
class A prefixes, 16 bits for class B prefixes, and 24 bits for
class C prefixes.  For example, "192.168.1.0 192.168.1.1 1".

Whenever the gateway address is specified as "0.0.0.0" the IP
Address of the user SHOULD be used as the gateway address.
---

It seems as if the Framed-Route attribute is used to create a routing
table entry at the *NAS*. Is that correct?

However, I wonder why the NAS (cf. second part of above citation) would
configure the IP address of the user as gateway? Is there any scenario
for that?

Kind regards,

Rajendra