From: owner-radiusext@ops.ietf.org on behalf of Bernard Aboba
Sent: Sat 03-Sep-05 3:32
To: radiusext@ops.ietf.org
Subject: RFC 3576bis Comments

Some comments on draft-ietf-radext-dynauth-client-mib-01.txt. Most of
these comments also apply to the dynauth-server-mib document.

The initial sections could use some re-organization.  My suggestion is to
start the document with Section 2 - Introduction.  Section 1
(Requirements) would become Section 1.1, and Terminology would become
Section 1.2.

Section 2 (Introduction) refers to RFC 2619 and 2621.  It should also
probably refer to the RFC 2619bis and RFC 2621bis documents.

To address some of the terminology confusion, my suggestion is that the
Terminology section be rewritten as follows:

"1.2  Terminology

   Dynamic Authorization Server (DAS)

   The component that resides on the NAS which processes the
   Disconnect and Change-of-Authorization (CoA) Request packets
   [RFC3576] sent by the Dynamic Authorization Client.

   Dynamic Authorization Client (DAC)

   The component which sends Disconnect and CoA-Request packets
   to the Dynamic Authorization Server.  While often residing on the
   RADIUS server,  it is also possible for this component to
   be located on a separate host, such as a Rating Engine.

   Dynamic Authorization Server Port

   The UDP port on which the Dynamic Authorization server listens for
   the Disconnect and CoA requests sent by the Dynamic Authorization
   Client."

Section 5

Rewrite the first paragraph:

"5.  Overview

   "Dynamic Authorization Extensions to RADIUS" [RFC3576] defines
   the operation of Disconnect-Request, Disconnect-ACK, Disconnect-NAK,
   CoA-Request, CoA-ACK and CoA-NAK packets.  [DYNSERV] defines the
   Dynamic Authorization Server MIB and the relationship with other
   MIB modules.  This MIB module for the Dynamic Authorization
   Client contains the following:"

Capitalization

The term "authenticator" is inconsistently capitalized.