Issue 127: Diameter Compatibility

Submitter name: Bernard Aboba
Submitter email address: aboba@internaut.com
Date first submitted: August 29, 2005
Reference:
Document: DIGEST-04
Comment type: E
Section: Various
Rationale/Explanation of issue:

The Diameter Compatibility section has vanished completely.  Yet the WG
charter requires that every RADEXT WG document include *some* discussion
of this issue.

My recommendation is that a short Section be added along the
following lines:

"5. Diameter Compatibility

This document defines support for Digest Authentication in RADIUS.  A
companion document "Diameter Session Initiation Protocol (SIP)
Application" [I-D.ietf-aaa-diameter-sip-app] defines support
for Digest Authentication in Diameter, and addresses compatibility issues
between RADIUS and Diameter."