RE: [Geopriv] RE: Review of draft-ietf-geopriv-radius-lo-04.txt

John Schnizlein wrote:

> The inclusion of the "entity" field reintroduces the problem
> we had with the initial draft, which is that no practical
> mechanism has been identified through which the NAS would know
> the location of the host attempting attachment.
>
> Rather than prolong the illusion, it would be better to
> eliminate this field and let the location attribute refer to
> the location of the NAS.

This depends on what kind of NASes you're considering. In PSTN
dial-up, determining the host location probably isn't feasible,
but there certainly are practical mechanisms for e.g. GSM/GPRS
and IEEE 802.11 networks. Although they're not necessarily that
widely used, I would not call them an "illusion"...

Best regards,
Pasi